We are writing this letter to assist you in getting your “tax stuff” together for us, so we can do our work to meet the April 30, 2020 filing deadline.
Please download our 2019 T1 Checklist, as it should assist you.
1) Please deliver your tax information to us by Monday, April 6, 2020 to ensure we meet the filing deadline. Failure to deliver the information to us may result in additional charges.
2) Please tell us if you sold a property in 2019 which was your primary residence. New rules require taxpayers to disclose this information to CRA (selling price and year of acquisition).
3) Please pick up copies of your 2019 tax return shortly after receiving a call or email from us. All copies will be mailed out in May if not picked up.
4) Please provide us with your investment advisor’s name and phone number as it is more efficient if we call them directly with questions.
5) We need a copy of your 2019 Notice of Assessment. This is required for any pertinent carry forward information (i.e. Capital Gains/Losses/RRSP Limits etc.)
6) Please tell us if you or any of your family members for which we are completing a tax return owned FOREIGN PROPERTY at any time during 2019 with a total COST of more than $100,000 CDN. We can explain this further if you have questions surrounding this topic.
7) If you or a member of your family was a first time home buyer in 2019, please provide us with the details as this may qualify for a tax credit.
8) For prescriptions, please contact your pharmacy for an annual print-out which is more efficient than having all the various slips and adding them up. This will also improve accuracy as nothing will be missed.
9) We do not need any children’s fitness receipts as that tax credit was eliminated.
As you know our workload increases during March and April, so we appreciate getting the information as early as possible.