Bruce & Monahan, Chartered Professional Accountants is a progressive accounting firm that provides accounting, tax, and business advisory services to a variety of private company clients. Due to the continued success and growth of our firm, we are seeking to hire a person who shares our philosophy of building trusted relationships with our clients through providing comprehensive accounting, tax and business advice and delivering superior client service.
The primary function of the Accountant/Bookkeeper is bookkeeping; interacting with clients to gather information; bank & accounts reconciliations; creating year-end files & reports; preparing year-end notice to reader and review engagement files & tax preparation; filing; and, general office administration. This position involves a high degree of confidentiality and is a support position to the Accounting Managers and Partners. The position carries reporting deadline responsibilities, both internal/external, which requires a high degree of independent work at a high level of accuracy. In doing so the Accountant/Bookkeeper provides a high level of initiative, problem-solving, and integrity in all facets of the role.
As the ideal candidate, you have the following preferred qualifications and experience:
- Diploma from an accredited program in a post-secondary institution in business accounting
- Previous experience working in a business office with experience in set-up and management of general ledger accounts, and preparation of financial reports
- Previous experience working in an Accounting Firm would be an asset
- Proficient in the use of software relevant to computerized accounting including Simply Accounting and QuickBooks, computerized payroll systems, spreadsheet applications, and, MS Office software
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, speed and strong proofreading/editing skills
- Must possess excellent verbal, analytical, critical thinking, organizational and written skills
- Must be self-determined with the ability to act in a pro-active manner and take initiative
- Reliability & Flexibility
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, high-energy, takes initiative, is persistent, tactful, and diligent.
- Personal attributes and skills (e.g. integrity, maturity, diplomacy, openness, assertive, warm/positive attitude) to work collaboratively with clients and staff members.
We are a well-established entrepreneurial firm that believes in providing an optimal work/life balance and we are seeking an individual to be part of our team. If you are the successful candidate, we offer:
- Superior salary and benefits
- Diverse client work
- Family atmosphere
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Work/life balance, including flexible work hours
If this role excites you, and have the requisite qualities and qualifications, please forward your resume and a compelling cover letter (as one single document) to Shelley Alward MacLeod at email@example.com prior to July 15, 2018. Only those candidates selected for a follow-up interview will be contacted.